07/10/2022 | 96Tecnología versus/para el aprendizaje de lenguas : reflexiones y conversaciones sobre el futuro de la enseñanza y el aprendizaje de lenguas mediados por la tecnología
Parece evidente que, ante “el tsunami digital” que han vivido —y aún están viviendo— la enseñanza y el aprendizaje de lenguas, quienes actuamos en este sector de la educación (administraciones, centros, docentes, estudiantes, familias, editoriales, etc.) necesitamos abstraernos por un momento de esa vorágine para entender la amplitud de los cambios que se están produciendo, para evaluar su impacto y, sobre todo, para reflexionar sobre cómo deseamos que evolucione la enseñanza de las lenguas y el papel de la tecnología.
- 07/10/2022 | 28Translanguaging has become a very relevant and controversial issue, especially in those contexts where the language teaching tradition encourages the exclusion of the L1 from the L2/FL classroom. Whereas previous research in the Basque Country has mainly focused on the implementation of translanguaging pedagogies, in this study we carried out a contrastive analysis of translanguaging practices in English Medium Instruction (EMI) and Basque Medium Instruction (BMI) at the University of the Basque Country. We observed and videotaped 29 lessons (39 hours) of two teachers who taught their subjects both in an EMI group and a BMI group. We also gathered students’ and teachers’ beliefs and attitudes towards translanguaging. 455 students completed a questionnaire and interviews were conducted with both teachers. The tool used for the observation and analysis of the recorded lessons was based on the COLT [Spada, N., & Fröhlich, M. (1995). COLT–communicative orientation of language teaching observation scheme: Coding conventions and applications. National Centre for English Language Teaching and Research] observation scheme. The results showed some significant differences when we compared translanguaging in EMI and BMI. However, the teacher variable turned out to be more influential than the language of instruction. Moreover, both teachers and students showed more negative than positive attitudes regarding translanguaging practices.
- 07/10/2022 | 39The governance of Basque language revitalisation in the Basque Autonomous Community : from confrontation toward collaborationIn recent decades, language revitalisation policies, programmes and initiatives have had to develop in an environment of major social, political, economic, or technological changes that have had an extraordinary impact on the governance of minority language revitalisation. In this context, we have studied the changes that have taken place in the governance of the revitalisation of the Basque language in the Basque Autonomous Community during the first two decades of the twenty-first century: from open antagonism to a common commitment to collaborative governance. We present an analysis of the models of governance confronted in the field of the revitalisation of the Basque language, of the rationalities that inform them or provide them with resources of meaning and legitimation, and of the process by which a model of collaborative governance has been arrived at.
- 06/10/2022 | 71Bat : soziolinguistika aldizkaria (122-123 zk.): Txillardegi-Hausnartu Euskal Soziolinguistika sariak 2021
2021eko Txillardegi-Hausnartu Soziolinguistika Sarien uzta oparoa izan da, Bat aldizkariaren zenbaki bikoitz honetan ikus litekeen bezala.
Hezkuntza soziolinguistikoa : Euskal Herrian han eta hemen dauden material eta baliabideen bilketa, azterketa eta sailkapena / Izaro Arruti Agirreurreta, Sandra Prieto
Kulturaren eragina hizkuntzaren biziberritzean : behin-behineko ondorio batzuk / Iñigo Beitia zabala
Euskararen marka : marketinetik hizkuntza plangintzara / Estitxu Garai, Irati Agirreazkuenaga, Irene Garcia, Sergio Monge, Angeriñe Elorriaga, Patxi Azpillaga, Ainara Miguel, Naroa Jauregizuria eta Koldo Atxaga
Zumaian ELE aplikatzeko oinarriak / Xabier Azkue Ibarbia
Hitanoa euskal hiztunen komunitate garaikidean : molde zaharretatik ertz berrietara / Beñat Muguruza Aseguinolaza, Garbiñe Bereziartua Etxeberria
Hizkuntza erdigunera : Urola Kostako adinekoen osasun arretan hizkuntzak duen eragina aztergai / Saioa Martinez de la Hidalga
Idatzizko trebetasuna testuinguru soziolinguistiko desberdinetako CLIL eta ez-CLIL ikasgeletan / Ainara Ortega Oar
D ereduan euskaldundutako Lizarrako hiztun berri gazteen euskararen erabilera / Ainhoa Pardina Arenaza
Euskararen esanahia(k) : euskalgintzako testu multimodalen azterketa genero perspektibatik (1960-2018) / Onintza Legorburu Larrea
Eskualdeetako hizkuntza gutxituen estatusa Europar Batasunean / Magdalena Pasikowska-Schnas
- 29/09/2022 | 34Theoretical and applied perspectives on teaching foreign languages in multilingual settings : pedagogical implications
This book promotes linguistically responsive foreign language teaching practices in multilingual contexts by facilitating a dialogue between teachers and researchers. It advances a discussion of how to connect the acquisition of subsequent foreign languages with previous language knowledge to create culturally and linguistically inclusive foreign language classrooms, and how to strengthen the connection between research on multilingualism and foreign language teaching practice. The chapters present new approaches to foreign language instruction in multilingual settings, many of them forged in collaboration between foreign language teachers and researchers of multilingualism. The authors report findings of classroom-based research, including case studies and action research on topics such as the functions and applications of translanguaging in the foreign language classroom, the role of learners' own languages in teaching additional languages, linguistically and culturally inclusive foreign language pedagogies, and teacher and learner attitudes to multilingual teaching approaches.
- 29/09/2022 | 20
This book provides a cutting-edge introduction to cross-cultural pragmatics, a field encompassing the study of language use across linguacultures. Cross-Cultural Pragmatics is relevant for a variety of fields, such as pragmatics, applied linguistics, language learning and teaching, translation, intercultural communication and sociolinguistics. Written by two leading scholars in the field, this book offers an accessible overview of cross-cultural pragmatics, by providing insights into the theory and practice of systematically comparing language use in different cultural contexts. The authors provide a ground-breaking, language-anchored, strictly empirical and replicable framework applicable for the study of different datatypes and situations. The framework is illustrated with case studies drawn from a variety of linguacultures, such as English, Chinese, Japanese and German. In these case studies, the reader is provided with contrastive analyses of language use in important contexts such as globalised business, politics and classrooms. This book is essential reading for both academics and students.
- 29/09/2022 | 39
If education is to prepare learners for lifelong learning, there needs to be a shift towards deeper learning: a focus on transferable knowledge and problem-solving skills alongside the development of a positive or growth mindset. In this book, a follow up to CLIL, the authors review new developments in the understanding of the interface between language and learning, and propose an original new 'pluriliteracies' approach which refines and develops current thinking in CLIL. It aims to facilitate deeper learning through an explicit focus on disciplinary literacies, guiding learners towards textual fluency, encouraging successful communication across cultures, and providing a key stepping-stone towards becoming responsible global citizens. It both provides strong theoretical grounding, and shows how to put that understanding into practise. Engaging and practical, this book will be invaluable to both academics and education practitioners, and will enable conventional classrooms to be transformed into deeper learning ecologies.
Readers will acquire an in-depth understanding of the latest research on deeper learning and its component processes
Introduces a model that includes both mechanics and drivers of deeper learning and illustrates how these interact
Presents a number of key principles to illustrate how tasks for deeper learning could be designed
- 29/09/2022 | 128
O idioma galego esmorece entre a mocidade e cómpre preguntarse por que. «Lingua, poder e adolescencia» quere contribuír a desvelar as causas do declive. Este libro de Miguel Rodríguez Carnota, que parte dunha tese doutoral co mesmo título, é un estudo da biografía lingüística de dez rapazas e rapaces galegofalantes no medio lingüisticamente hostil dunha vila e un instituto do noso país. Os seus relatos, radiografados a través de técnicas de análise do discurso, sitúannos enteiramente fóra do paradigma oficial do «bilingüismo harmónico». Hai ataques, padecementos, renuncias, resistencias, pequenos triunfos e amargas derrotas onde o que menos abonda é a «cordialidade lingüística» que habitualmente se proclama como emblema de Galicia. É dicir, na práctica existe unha incomprensible oposición a querer facer do galego unha lingua tan normal coma calquera outra.
- 29/09/2022 | 35
Crosslinguistic Influence and Second Language Learning provides a comprehensive overview of what is currently known about prior language knowledge and experience in second language learning. Three bodies of research are critically reviewed to achieve this goal: (i) theories of language learning that attribute critical roles to prior experience in explaining second language development, (ii) empirical studies of second language learning that have investigated roles for crosslinguistic influence, and (iii) instructional studies that have supported second language learning by addressing the negative effects of crosslinguistic influence. Using this foundation, new research directions and theorization in the field of second language acquisition are proposed. This book will serve as an excellent resource for students and scholars with interests in (instructed) second language learning, applied linguistics, cognitive psychology, psycholinguistics, and language education.
- 29/09/2022 | 38Corpus linguistics and the analysis of sociolinguistic change : language variety and ideology in advertising
Corpus Linguistics and the Analysis of Sociolinguistic Change demonstrates how particular styles and varieties of language are chosen and represented in the media, to reveal changing language ideologies and sociolinguistic change. Drawing on a corpus of ads broadcast on an Irish radio station between 1977 and 2017, this book shows how corpus linguistic tools can be creatively employed, in conjunction with frameworks and concepts such as audience and referee design and indexicality, and examines how accents and dialects (vernacular and prestige) are exploited in the ads across the decades. In addition, this book:
illustrates the key principles of corpus design for sociolinguistics studies and offers a framework for future diachronic corpus studies of advertising on social media;
provides a model for analysing corpus data at both inter-varietal and intra-varietal levels in terms of both accent and dialectal features and explores the efficacy of using particular corpus linguistic tools;
identifies key factors which can be used by researchers as evidence for sociolinguistic change and links these factors to relevant theories and frameworks;
demonstrates how corpus tools can be used to compare advertising discourse with naturally occurring discourse, with particular reference to markers of (pseudo) intimate discourse.
Building on the growing body of research relating to variation and change in Irish English, this book is key reading for researchers and advanced students undertaking research within the areas of sociolinguistics and corpus linguistics.